Electricity and Magnetism
- Coulomb’s law: Electric field and potential; Electrical potential energy of a system of point charges and of electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic field; Electric field lines; Flux of electric field; Gauss’s law and its application in simple cases, such as, to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell.
- Capacitance: Parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectrics; Capacitors in series and parallel; Energy stored in a capacitor.
- Electric current: Ohm’s law; Series and parallel arrangements of resistances and cells; Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications; Heating effect of current.
- Biot–Savart’s law and Ampere’s law: Magnetic field near a current-carrying straight wire, along the axis of a circular coil and inside a long straight solenoid; Force on a moving charge and on a current-carrying wire in a uniform magnetic field.
- Magnetic moment of a current loop: Effect of a uniform magnetic field on a current loop; Moving coil galvanometer, voltmeter, ammeter and their conversions.
- Electromagnetic induction: Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law; Self and mutual inductance; RC, LR and LC circuits with d.c. and a.c. sources.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018 covers all the topics required to be studied by aspirants who wish to avail admissions to the IITs via the JEE Advanced 2018 examination. Students will have to study the topics as prescribed for physics, chemistry and mathematics in the syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018. Candidates looking to appear in JEE Advanced next year, need to be thorough with the JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018 in order to understand the pattern of examination and topics to be covered in each subject.
Now when the IIT JEE syllabus 2018 download is available, candidates can plan their preparation according to the portion covered under each subject. By doing preparation for the examination in accordance with the 2018 JEE Advanced Syllabus, students can complete each subject in the most satisfactory manner. JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus is not any ordinary material so it can not be taken casually. Candidates must remember that the questions papers of JEE Advanced will be more or less based on the Syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Lectures 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self
Architecture Aptitude Test